Thursday, June 07, 2007

¡Rameras de Tejas! Pt. 1...

I went home last weekend. It was great. I ate a lot. Drank a lot of sweet tea. Sipped some margarita's and a little sangria. Slept. A Lot. I slept so much my sister actually got annoyed with me. I went into this odd little coma where every time I sat down, I fell asleep. I was perfectly fine with it though. Here are some highlights:


At the airport: For some reason I like to buy really expensive upscale travel magazines, especially when traveling. I like to think that in five years or so I will have enough money to travel to all these expensive places AND be able to afford for my friends and family to join. In order for that to happen, I need to learn to save a little more and cut back on some purchases: The magazine, smoothie, and bagel (not pictured) cost me total of fifteen dollars.


I brought my niece and nephew an official MLB gear Cubs dog toy. It plays a Cubs chant when you squeeze it. Nowitski really liked it. No. Seriously. He did. He freaked out over it all weekend. Nevermind that he does that with every new toy he receives. I like to think he loved it so much because I gave it to him. Maybe he did....


Had some amazing food, and equally amazing dessert at La Madeleine. One of my favorite places to eat. You wouldn't think that Texas is the place to find good French food, but it is. La Madeleine rocks.


This is when Carrie Underwood pushed a chair into our waitress who was trying to take our picture. That's my sister, her fiance, Clint, and me...well half of me. Carrie had a very important picture to take with a little girl. Our waitress, and family picture, was a causality of her serving her public of course. Yes Tony Romo was there too. He's tall. She's short. Go figure.

No comments: