Saturday, June 23, 2007

Yum.

It's cloudy, rainy, breezy, and cool. I like that. Yum.

I haven't been able to blog much lately, mainly because my schedule is this: wake up around 4:30am, go to work (sometimes at the coffee shop and sometimes at the internship), then either class or rehearsal, then around midnight I arrive home only to go straight to bed and wake up at 4:30am all over again.

That is one reason (among many others) that I have officially put in my two weeks at unnamed coffee shop. I just can't do it anymore guys. I need my beauty rest, I'm starting look like an old woman.

While I was working this morning, I began making a mental list of things that occur on a regular basis while serving Chicago coffee and smiles. Note: Some of these things I enjoy, some of them I hate. It's up to you to divide them accordingly.

1. Every Saturday morning there are the walk-of-shame folks. We've all been there, but when you're serving them coffee it's fun to see who will act like they just woke up in smeared mascara and party clothes, and who flat out gives you that, "yes...I know what you're thinking...and you're right" look.

2. Poop ON the bathroom floor. Not in the toilet. On the floor. Not kidding. At least once a day, if not more.

3. The work-out moms. Every morning they come in straight from working out and order non-fat lattes. When we run out of Splenda, they seriously get pissed and yell. They yell. Over Splenda.

4. Joanne. Joanne is a regular. Ask me about her. I just can't type it.

5. Tourists. I love the ones from small towns especially. I actually had one man become frightened at the fact that we have to buzz people into the bathroom.

There are so many more, but that's enough for now.

Interesting note: In my 8 hours working this morning, there were at least around 5 or 6 people from North Carolina in two hours, half of which were sporting UNC-Chapel Hill gear. None of them came in together. It was strange....there's a North Carolina convention...or something less cheesy.

No comments: