Thursday, July 19, 2007

Yea Happy....

So the week I was supposed to start temping my parents came in town. I also got hired to work a day at the casting office.

The second week I was supposed to start temping I landed a gig from my day working at the casting office. I impressed some people with my ability to read aloud (who knew that was such a skill) and was hired to read an off-screen voice for a series of commercials shooting this week. This means by the end of tomorrow and I will have spent 5 days in Oak Park being a "crew member." It's been awhile since I've been one of those. I love it. I wish you could do both acting and "Crewing" (my made up word) but that's not an option in this world.

I have also taken the Green Line. Who does that?

Fun facts for the week:

- I like sitting in the front of the train because it has the best view of downtown AND is like riding the Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags Over Texas.

- I left for the shoot Monday and my parents left later that day. I came home to discover they had washed my towels, Swiffered my floor, bought me new detergent, a microwave (I've been without since I moved here) left me a bar of dark chocolate (my favorite) and $40. I like them. I think I'll keep them around.

No comments: