Saturday, September 01, 2007

Spa Day Ya'll!

My sister and my mom are visiting this weekend. A "Girls weekend in Chicago" was my mom's mother's day gift and really an excuse to get my sister to take time off and come visit me. She is an attorney and works/travels A LOT. And she never gets to travel to fun places, like Chicago.

Today our big event was a day at the spa. I used to make fun of people who spent time in spas until a former boss of mine gave us employees a spa day for Christmas a few years ago.

I get it. I love the spa. I love it. I love to get a massage and bake in the sauna. Drink the fancy water, eat the special fancy food. Sit in a steam room and hack up a lung because of my allergies. It feels so good.

I just had the best spa experience of my life. My first spa experience was at the Paris Hotel in Las Vegas. That one was good. The Bliss Spa....the one we went to today. Words can't even describe it. And the view tops it all. The Spa is on the 8th floor of the W hotel which is right on Lakeshore Drive. I tried to get a picture of the beautiful view of Lake Michigan....I had to be discreet though. It is spa and people are mostly running around in towels.


Yum.

No comments: