Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Courtyard Lovin'...

Around 2am this a morning some guy came running into the courtyard of my building. He yelled, "Melissa is the GREATEST!"

I knew he was talking about my neighbor across the hall. I just knew it. I've never met her and I don't know her name. I left her a note once, along with someone else in my building, asking her to clean up the cat poop she left on the back stairs and she once told me I had cute shoes. I do however hear and smell her most weekend evenings. She has drunk friends who like to argue, smoke weed, set off the fire alarm, smoke cigarettes, argue some more and then run up and down the stairs several times which usually ends around 7am. Yep.

I knew this man was yelling for her. I waited and sure enough I heard the security door open, heavy steps up the stairs, and my lovely neighbor's door open and her voice talking to the man.

I knew he was coming to see her. It all reminded me of this picture I took when it was snowing several months ago. I walked outside and saw this:


Both Melissa and Amanda have been shown some love in the courtyard. I wish someone would boost my self esteem by writing my name in snow or yelling at the top of their lungs at 2am waking up the whole building. Oh wait, I really don't. But good for Amanda and Melissa. Good for them.

No comments: