Sunday, April 22, 2007

Oh Sunday...

I could not sleep last night. I woke up around 8am and watched a show I really don't like, Inside the Actors Studio. I don't know why but I can't stand that show! And it was a best of! Even worse!

I realized I was up early enough to make it to church so I jumped up and got dressed very quickly.

I caught the train.

The train got stuck underground with the electricity off. The only person in my car brave enough to try and talk to the train driver/conductor whatever...was this homeless guy. There was a shouting match.

I did manage to make it to church 30 minutes early. I had to leave fifteen minutes early to be able to make it to my writing class.

I caught the train.

Oh wait, no I didn't. The train wasn't running northbound underground until 3pm. I was instructed to catch the Orange Line. Because I understood this concept the CTA worker told a very large crowd of people to follow me to the Addison Red Line stop (they were going to the Cubs game...you probably guessed that). Yep. Me and some other dude who disappeared. By the time I made it to the Orange Line the only person left following me was a little Asian woman. Very nice woman. But very small and much older than I.

About the time the train came it became clear that this wasn't an Orange Line train, it was a Red Line train running above ground through the Loop since the subway was shut down.

At this exact moment Frank Sinatra's Christmas Waltz came on my iPod.

I could keep going, but then my writing class would realize why I was really late to class this week and it wasn't because the train was delayed. I actually made it in plenty of time. I just needed to take care of some things. I hate being late, but sometimes you have to do some things for yourself...don't get dirty people. I was hungry. So I got some breakfast.

There. I said it. Are you happy? I was late because I needed to pick up some food. For my health people.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Oh my god ... I hate Inside the Actor's Studio too. For some reason it bores the crap out of me.