Tuesday, November 14, 2006

In other news...

I had a funny thing happen today, and in light of other events it was needed.

I was walking down Belmont having a nice time listening to Death Cab For Cutie on my iPod, when i noticed I young gentlemen, dressed in big baggy clothing and a dirty skully, walking in front of me. He kept turning around and looking back. I didn't assume at the time his was looking at me. I should also say he was carrying a sack of food and drink from McDonalds and there is no McD's anywhere near this area. Where did it come from?

I thought I saw him walk into Cupresso (ghetto, crazy, sad looking coffee shop) but when I passed by he was standing in the doorway. He asked my if I would like to get coffee. I did not accept his proposal. And in some way, I should say it wasn't even sweet. He yelled,
"Coffee? Buy you some coffee?" several times.

Just another day in the gayborhood.

PS I saw this written on my friend's MySpace awhile ago and wanted to share. It somehow seems appropriate..."If I knew where I was going I'd already be there."

2 comments:

Ellen Wohlberg said...

My freshman year I was studying in the basement of my dorm. There was one other person there, this kind of nerdy freshman guy who I had only seen around. When he went to leave, he stopped and said, "I have a question. You don't have to say yes." And then he said, "May I gently kiss your forehead?" Which sounds kind of creepy now, but at the time I was just so blown away that he had the guts to ask that I said sure. I was like, what the hell? This is insane. So he did, and then left, and then we never talked again. Weird, eh?

alexandra said...

If I knew you were coming, I'd a baked a cake. (in my micro-bake)