Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Weekend mom love...


This is my mom and a former student of hers, Adam. Adam is really excited that while he is at his boring job, where all five bosses are located outside of the Chicago area, he can read my blog and see his picture on it. Famous Adam.

I apologize for the blurry picture. It was taken in the Signature Room in the Hancock Building/Tower (which is it?). That's not really an excuse for it being blurry. Nice Buffet, beautiful view. For some reason I felt like I was eating lunch at a wedding reception. To let you know, the best view is no longer in the women's restroom. They built a wall.

My momma was in town this weekend for a high school speech tournament in Northfield, IL. She's a speech and debate coach in case you didn't gather. I love that I got to see my mom. It was a nice break from my life for two days. She also bought me two news pairs of boots. Go team go.

That's it for me and mi familia until Christmas when my parents arrive in Chicago for their first "cold" Christmas.

I get to experience my first large family holiday gathering this Thursday. At home in Texas, I'm lucky if five people are there for our Thanksgiving festivities. I, along with Tahnee, will be spending turkey day with Alexandra at her family's house in the burbs. Alexandra's mother is sad that it will be a "small" Thanksgiving with only nineteen people in attendance. Bring on the bacon folks. I can't wait!

P.S. I went jogging today for the first time in a week and a half. I have lost some of my stamina I have to say. My side hurt not long after I began. I ended up walking and sporadically jogging thinking the pain would go away for almost two miles. I think I looked funny.

No comments: