Friday, November 24, 2006

Rub your stomach all filled with turkey...and smile.

Stop Rubbing Your Theater In My Face is a lovely three-woman improv group that consists of me, Tahnee the Tiny Dessert Authority and Alexandra. The three of us ladies had our first Thanksgiving together this year in Wilmette at Alexandra's childhood home. Here, in pictures, is our eventful and exciting day. Enjoy.

_________________________________________________________________

Tahnee and I took the train north to Wilmette. We realized neither of us had been past the Lawrence red line stop. Tahnee was excited.


Tahnee and I had a discussion about where the el trains are stored. We were sure they must be stored on the south side. Cicero was our exact guess. When switching trains at Howard we realized that we should probably work on our tendency to stereotype...ladies and gentlemen, I present trains stored on the north side:


The train ride was long and we attempted a crossword. The only time we seemed to come up with answers was while riding through Evanston. What's that about?


We finally arrived at Alexandra's childhood home. Well, her home since she was five. And of course now she lives in Chicago...but you get the idea. We were given a tour and quickly discovered that Alexandra's face has not changed since she was a child. Awww...how cute.


Eventually there was food. But only after I discovered my new favorite book. Schott's Almanac. It's amazing. I love this picture. The turkey looks like it's from a catalogue. Alexandra's mother was like a real life Martha Stewart. There was so much food all perfectly prepared. There was even vegetarian gravy and stuffing for Tahnee and gluten-free for Alexandra. Amazing. This is Alexandra's father. He is a really nice man who kind of reminds of my dad, with more hair.


Tahnee licked her plate.


I went back for thirds...and couldn't finish. Alas, it was a good effort. I did end up with three pieces of pie though. Three different kinds of pie. Well, they were all pumpkin. So three different versions of pumpkin pie. That's what I ended up with.


Afterwards we played with our food...


Then we did bad improv...

We partook in a little Boggle tournament with Alexandra's sisters. They had recently taken the ACT and found words that I didn't know existed.


I just realized you can spell the word "sex" in the above picture which is a great segway to Alexandra bringing sexy back to the foosball table.


Alexandra's mom sent us home with leftovers. I gave mine to a homeless man on the train. He was really excited about the corn pudding. Yes, Alexandra's mom even had little take-out containers for our food.


It was a glorious day. Tahnee and I were happy, fulfilled, and tired on the train ride home. Good food, good friends, good fun. That's what I always strive for and it was attained.


_________________________________________________________________

What a fun day. The day actually ended with Tahnee and I catching the tail end of an orphaned improvisor's get-together, but I don't have pictures of that. Boo. I will admit, it was my first holiday away from home. I missed my family. I actually begged to get off of work just so I wouldn't have to serve coffee all day, eat a frozen burrito and drown my sorrows in a sappy Christmas movie...alone...in my studio apartment.

I hope you had a happy holiday wherever you were. Just think...there are more holiday's around the corner... Including Christmas. My favorite. Thank you to Alexandra's mom and dad, her grandparents, her cousins, her aunt and uncle and her sisters for making Tahnee and I a part of your family for the day. The biggest thank you is from me to my fellow improvisors...T and Mayor McCheese (that's Alexandra). Thank you for being such good friends and for lifting my spirits. Ya'll rock. You really are the best. :). I just got sappy. Remember that, it doesn't happen often.

Have a good day. I love you.

2 comments:

alexandra said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww. That was an adorable Thanksgiving tale. Thank YOU for coming to my house! That was so much fun. And for the record I was just picking something up off the floor in that foosball picture. But I bring sexy back a lot. In other news: You are a wonderful friend too!

Shawn said...

whats up sexxy! its shawn. ive been reading your blog and forgot to tell you that i love it!! i have one too, so check it out sometime:

http://muzik2477.livejournal.com/

anyway, glad to hear you are doing well and had a nice thanksgiving.

love ya! =)