Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What Goes Around Comes Around...

I've always sort of believed that. Really. I got an e-mail from my good friend Melissa a few days ago. It proves this little saying to be true.

A few years ago I went on a mission trip with my church in Los Angeles, along with Melissa. We flew to Albania for awhile and played with kids. It was amazing. What was not amazing was the travel experience. It was awful. The only thing that didn't go wrong was us not dying on the way there. Pretty much everything else frustrating and weird happened. I would love to tell you the whole story, but we'd need a bottle of wine and a few long hours to sit and chat about it.

The cause of most of our problems getting to Albania and back home again was Alitalia Airlines. They were terrible. Even the Italians hate them and they're an Italian airline. This is the e-mail Missy sent me:

I was reading The Economist at work today (I know, I'm lame), AND guess who is desperate for someone to buy out their company as they lost over $785 million last year?
ALITALIA
Ahh, that is music to my ears.
Miss you and love you!

I don't relish in other peoples pain. Except for right now. Sweet sweet revenge, victory, whatever you want to call it, it's sweet.

By the way, I miss you and love you too Melissa.

No comments: