Monday, January 08, 2007

Dresses and Flowers and Rings...oh my.


As most of you know, my sister got engaged before Christmas. Part of me thinks, "It's about time," and another part of me thinks, "I'm supposed to be excited about this...right?" Hmmm....judge that comment as you will :).

While I was back in Texas, my mom, Shauna, and I got to go look at wedding dresses. I had never been to a David's Bridal before and I'm not sure I wish to ever go to one again. What a horrible place. It was pouring down rain when we got there and then we were told that since we didn't have an "appointmen" we would have to wait an hour before Shauna could try on anything. This was because a "woman" is supposed to help you. Thankfully, because of the rain, a bunch of people who had "appointments" didn't show up and we only had to wait thirty minutes. And the "woman" didn't ever actually help us. She went and got a piece of ribbon once and that was it. We never saw her again. By the time Shauna was trying on dresses there was no one left in the store. I'm not sure what our helper "woman"was doing, but it was something not pertaining to us. Fun fact: did you know that every wedding dress looks the same after about five minutes of browsing? Now you know...

Shauna found a dress. Oh she did. It's pretty. It's not what I would've picked, but then again she and I are very different and that's what makes us beautiful. She did make a comment to mom that she and I should pick the dress together so that someday I can wear her dress for my wedding. I saw my mom hold back laughter. Shauna didn't catch it. Probably for the best.

I won't post a picture of the dress in the event that someone, mainly the groom, might find this page and see it. It's bad luck to see the bride in the dress before the wedding and nowadays married people need all the luck they can get.

I will leave you with my new favorite picture of my sister. This was taken while we were patiently waiting for a dressing room, examining dyeable shoes:


'Nuf said.

No comments: