Wednesday, January 10, 2007

My Pride and Joy...

I sometimes wish I had parents who were boring with boring jobs and no artisitic ability. I am grateful for my parents, yes. I am. They are both artistic. Groovy. Great. But I have pride. Sometimes I want them to not understand. Take for example my recently finished screenplay. I sent it to my mom and she read it. My mom is a wonderful writer. She really is. But it's weird when she reads something of mine (screenplay) and then has critiques or suggestions. Isn't a mom supposed to be someone who just thinks everything their child does is gold? Or have no opinion at all? Period? And she's right about things like that most of the time. I hate it. I want to be the creative one and have them not understand me and my decisions, then make me fun of me when I come home for the holiday's and ask when I'm going to get a real job.

I just re-read that and I sound really whiny.

On another note, I just scarfed down some Pirate's Booty. I usually steer clear of the Booty because the smell gets to me. When I lived in LA, I worked in a nursery at a church in Hollywood. Pirate's Booty is on the list of this-is-organic-and-sold-at-trader-joe's-so-it-must-be-fantastically-
healthy-for-my-child foods. I used to come home and stank of white cheddar and drool so just opening the bag was torture. It really is good stuff.

No comments: