Monday, January 15, 2007

I Love Salsa...

I really do.

Yesterday (Sunday), i was perusing the children's book section in Border's with Alexandra, who was there to pick out some gifts for a friend's baby. Along for the ride was our friend Johanna, who is preggers. It was a jolly good time. We reminisced about all of the books we loved as a child. Johannah and I wandered into the pregnancy section. At that exact moment I got a call from an LA area code. I get wrong numbers from SoCal often because my number has an LA area code. I always think, "what if this time, it's some long lost friend from LA wanting to catch up...I should answer..." I then remind myself I didn't live there that long ago and the friends I love and care about who still live there, I still talk too. So since most of these mysterious LA calls are wrong numbers ("Hola...Manuel?" Is usually how they go...I'm not kidding. Every wrong number is in Spanish), I ignored this call. The person called right back. So this time I answered. It was someone (whose name I couldn't understand) asking me to babysit for them. I politely explained that I no longer live in LA. Apparently they had gotten my number from the nursery I used to work in. I wondered it God was trying to tell me something... I seemed to find myself surrounded by children once again...they haunt me.

I just got home from an evening with Tahnee. We had Mexican food. Our conversation was so riveting that we went across the street to the dorkiest bar ever. Meaning, we were the coolest people there. We felt cool for once. We decided this particular bar is where dorks go to feel cool. As always with my ladies, we text to make sure each other gets home okay. Tahnee and I got home at EXACTLY the same time. Cute.

No comments: