Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's Snowing in Texas...Again...


It's snowing and icing in Texas right now. I want to point out that the two winters I spent in Texas, after I lived in LA, were the warmest, driest winters in recorded history. The year after I leave it snows and ices several times. I will also point out that this is my first winter in Chicago and it has been one of the mildest winter's in Chicago. As you can see in the picture above, there have been subzero temperatures in California recently. That's a frozen orange tree. Go figure. It's me. It's totally my fault. I bring heat.

I have a new obsession with Schott's Almanac and all of the other Ben Schott books of useless information. I'm reading Schott's Food and Drink Miscellany right now. I have read some interesting things and what good are they if I can't share them? Here is my new favorite quote on Champagne:

"I drink it when I'm happy, and when I am sad.
Sometimes I drink it when I am alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I am not hungry, and drink it when I am.
Otherwise I never touch it - unless I am thirsty."

-
Madame Lilly Bollinger (maybe...)

No comments: