Friday, January 12, 2007

Thank God It's Friday. Right?

That's what customer's say to us at work. I don't think it ever crosses their minds that we work retail. We work on weekends too. It's okay though. They mean well. Sometimes.

I went and saw a show at Sketchfest last night. It was really bad. I'm not going to say who it was because I would feel bad. The show was that bad. Well, the first group was. The second one was good. They were just a wee bit bitter for my taste. Also, speaking of comedy related things, I can't remember my login for the CIN. In fact I think I have two now because I forgot the first login I made a long time ago. That is frustrating.

This is me at the tender age of eighteen:


I was on a local T.V. show at eighteen aka: my short-lived senior year of high school (I graduated early, I didn't flunk out. Promise.). The show was called, Studio A: The T.V. Show. This shot is from the opening credits. I was the first face you saw. It was a show about actors doing what actors do. We got our headshots taken, we had discussions with local casting directors, lots of teambuilding activities (including ropes courses...which I love), and even recording a song. The song was America the Beautiful if you were wondering. Everything we did or said was supposed to be kid-friendly, politically neutral and clean.

We also did monologues and improv. I was watching a particular episode when I noticed this:


I was improving being a Barista. This was years before I would actually become one. Oh happy foreshadowing.

I often wondered why the, ": The T.V. Show" part was important. Nobody knew what Studio A was to begin with (It was the room my acting class met in at the time). I remember getting really excited when we found out we were getting Sonic commercials during our show. This was back when the Sonic commercials just had kids laughing and playing while sipping on slushies. (Irony: the kids at the school just got released for recess and I can hear them laughing and playing in the background as I type this. Cute.). The producer of the show said that the commercials were given to us to use for free. Sometimes I wonder... We didn't get paid to be on this show. Well, we didn't get paid in money anyway. We got paid in food...and companionship? I actually don't talk to anyone from this show anymore. I kept in touch with one girl for a while, but that faded. I wonder where they all are now? Too bad there will never be a Studio A: Where are they now?

P.S.
Project Writing Reader's Theater.
Tonight.
7:30.
iO Annex.
Free.
Come.
Now.
Please.
Actually,
Come at 7:30pm.

No comments: