Sunday, January 28, 2007

James and Mexico...

I had a very not so good week last week. From my cat to work to friends in crisis to boys, I was about ready to scream from frustration and tiredness. Saturday afternoon before my writing class, I had a brief one hour break in which to shower (which didn't happen) and nap (also didn't happen). Instead I pulled up iTunes and let it shuffle through while I attempted to work up the energy to do the aforementioned tasks (which, as a reminder, didn't happen). Instead Mexico by James Taylor came on. That's when it hit me:

I want to be on the beach in Mexico with a margarita in my hand and my only worry will be when to reapply my sunscreen. Who's with me?

I put on the song again right now...on this fine Sunday evening. Isn't it great how music can take you(r breathe) away? Isn't grand how music can make you fly(like an eagle) to anywhere? Isn't it amazing that music is so...well, pretty?

No comments: