Monday, December 18, 2006

And again...

So I've accidentally spent the whole day with Alexandra again, except this time it isn't as fun. It's not Alexandra's fault it's no fun. She asked me to help out our friend Meri, who I know from our fabulous book club, by stuffing envelopes for the law firm Meri works at. I am currently sitting at the front desk doing absolutely nothing because it only took me an hour and a half to stuff the envelopes and now I have nothing to do. Alexandra's office shares an office with the Mary's law firm. A-bomb is currently working in the copy room behind me. We are so close, yet so far away. I saw her briefly while she was trying to locate a newspaper for her boss and when she was opening the mail. But that's it. A giant wooden wall-of-office is separating us now.

I did learn one thing today. In the words of Meri, "Don't ever get married." She has repeated this phrase several times today. Apparently there is an incident involving a ham and an in-law. Ah, the holidays.

No comments: