Friday, December 22, 2006

One Day Left...


Until my parents arrive. I'm so excited. It's my first Christmas in Chicago. I fool people into thinking I am way more of an adult than I actually am. But honestly, this phrase, "Christmas is at my house this year," may actually qualify me as an adult. The one thing I can't get down is Christmas cards. Every year I say I'm going to send them and every year I don't. I have a lot of people I would love to show some love to at Christmastime who live far away. My friends seem to get on this band wagon every year...one of these days...

The thing that scared me most about Christmas this year was the thought of trying to cook Christmas dinner. My kitchen is SMALL. Did I mention it's really SMALL? My mom and I have enough problems getting along in her kitchen that's normal-sized (because everything is bigger in Texas). Luckily, Ann Sather's is serving Christmas dinner all day Christmas Day. Yeah they are. My parents love the idea of someone else cooking for them. Yeah they do. The sad thing is, after Monday I will have officially gone without my Grandmother's dressing for one year. You have no idea how tragic that is.

P.S. I got invited back to the Law Office today, but unfortunately I have to work at the 'Bucks. Messing with a Blackberry while Alexandra and I have myspace comment wars while sitting twenty feet from one another or being entertained by crazy people, one of whom has admitted to killing people while serving them free samples of coffee (yes, even the homeless are picky about their coffee), which sounds better to you?

AND I dyed my hair. It's freaky how much I look like my sister in this picture:


P.P.S. It's only 6 days until the surprise of the century...if only I could tell you. :)

No comments: