Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Reflection #3...


That's me. As a kid.

My family always opens presents on Christmas Eve and then Santa comes that night. It's pretty groovy and was especially so as a young child. Not only did I get to open gifts, but I always knew more would be waiting for me the next morning. It may sound like a lot, but I was an only child for most of my life...so I was spoiled. I was not rotten though (well, that one time at my fifth birthday I was. I got really mad that Becky Hill tried to help me open one of my presents. The only reason I remember that is because it's on video). My parents...hold it...I mean Santa, always set up the toys and arranged them. It was like walking into the storefront of Toys R Us. Anything that had batteries was turned on and moving, the My Little Ponies were all arranged inside their My Little Pony Castle, and when I got my child-size kitchen and grocery store, it was ready to go. I also could never sleep past 4am on Christmas morning and would not go back to bed. I had to play with everything three times over.

Santa still comes to visit me. You read that right. He even still comes to visit my sister and her boyfriend/maybe fiance/maybe pimp. That's right. Marry me and Santa will grace your Christmas morning once again. In my house, as long as you don't say he doesn't exist, he will come to visit you. Even when I have kids, I bet he will still come visit. Want to know why? My parents still get stuff from Santa Claus sometimes. So maybe...he IS real after all.

1 comment:

Today, Tomorrow, The Next Day said...

Seriously you were so cute when you were little. Which explains why you are so cute now.