Monday, December 04, 2006

A Tale of Three Parties...

Friday was my first snow day. I've never lived in a place with a real winter before. This is exciting for me.

Saturday, I had the first of many early morning, freezing cold walks to work. I had to be there at 5am, so at if you were out and about Saturday morning, around 4:45 or so, you might have seen me. A giant puff ball of Baby Phat happiness. After my lovely writing class that afternoon, I decided to brave the cold, with my friend Michael and his friend Chelsea, and party hop. We went to three parties, one of which I knew the host and the other two I was just an awesome sidekick.

The first one was full of single women and gay men. You would think if the single ladies wanted a date they would figure out to invite some straight men as well. It was lots of fun and a very nice place.

The third one was filled with four couples and was also in a very nice apartment. It made my paint chipped bathroom door feel a little less special. They had amazing artichoke dip.

The second party, well I saved the best for last. The second party we went to was thrown by a guy named Greg, who is in my writing class. Greg's dad invented the laser light show. He lives in a great apartment with brick walls and all that loft-like jazz. The decor was out of this world, almost literally. There was art on the wall with lights making the colors look as if they were changing and a video projected onto the wall. There were crazy neon lights everywhere and even a train that went around the ceiling. Greg also has every computer ever used since whenever computers were invented. It was so cool. I felt like I was on the set of some really hip sci-fi movie, if those even exist. Way to go Greg.

My grandpa worked on the first computers. However I didn't get his tech smartness like Greg got from his father.

No comments: