Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Reflection #2...



That's right. I'm on a Christmas Album.

The Christmas of my senior year in high school, that would be Christmas 2001, my vocal coach, her husband, and daughter decided to gift the students of Forte Vocal Studios, an album. They gave us all the option to pick whatever Christmas song we wanted (with some limitations), gave us free recording time, free post-production time, and even paid for the rights for our songs to appear on the CD. That's pretty cool.

They also generously paid for us to do a photo shoot as a studio for the cover. The picture is not the cover I'm sorry to say. The cover itself wouldn't scan properly. The cover of the album, entitled Frost, has a picture of us looking serious and more music-artist-wannabe-like. This is the smiley picture they printed for our walls at home. It may look like a sweet picture but, in person, the make-up lady turned out to be crazy. We actually looked like we all had black eyes and blood stained lips. The hair lady teased most peoples hair similar to the style worn by many people in 1989, however us "hip" ladies went all "un-Texas" on her and tamed it back down. Also, the mom who I rode with in the car that day to the "hip urban loft" where the shoot took place, was sincerely excited about her new Westlife CD. Google them. I dare you.

Frost was sold somewhere, but I don't remember where. There was talk of it being sold at Wherehouse Music, but then something happened, like, they went out of business.

Not everyone at the studio celebrated Christmas. One girl was (and still is I presume) Jewish. I don't remember what song she sang on the album...but she sang something.

P.S. I recorded Mariah Carey's Christmas (Baby Please Come Home).
No you can't hear it.
Unless you're smart enough to MAYBE locate it on myspace.
But you'd have to be really smart to do that.

No comments: