Friday, December 08, 2006

Lonely women...

I took myself to an improv show Thursday night. Just me. I knew some people I know might be there, but it ended up just being me. As I was walking to the train after it was over, a woman who had just exited the Green Mill began talking to me. She asked me where I had been what I had been doing etc... She wasn't a homeless woman by any means and was probably in her late fifties. She proceeded to tell me how she had taken herself to dinner and to see a big band play all by herself and that she didn't care that nobody wanted to go with her. I thought nothing of it really. The woman kept making conversation with me once on the platform about anything that came into her head. It occured to me that she doesn't have a lot of friends or family with which to converse. She is pretty lonely as we speak.

This morning it occured to me that I have taken myself to a movie, an improv show, and lunch this week all by myself. And that's just the total for this week alone. I am becoming this woman and I'm only twenty-three. Help me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sallade said...

Hey Molly, hope you don't find it creepy that I read your blog. Oh, the glories of Myspace. But to make you feel better, I've been to like 20 movies by myself since I moved to Chicago. If you ever want a hanger-outter, give me a call (717-487-3582). Tonight I'm going to get drunk at a coworkers house. Please give me a call and join!