Monday, March 26, 2007

Hope You Had Fun...

This time my parents visit felt really short. I usually am okay when they leave, but today I was a little sad. I think it's because I know I probably won't get to go home for awhile unless I decide to say, "Screw you job, improv, music, class, and internship..." I might just do that now that I think about it...at least for a weekend.

We had fun. They got to meet Tahnee, which was a big deal. They met some other people too. They always like my friends...I don't know why. I barely like them.

Oh I jest. :)

They came to see the final night of All the Way to Chicago. They loved it. They haven't seen a lot of longform improv so the fact that they got what we were doing was cool. While we were on stage I could hear my dad laugh and it kept making me smile. A lot of my friends came to the show which was nice.

My parents stayed for the musical improv show and, as always with my family (including me), we seem to be the kind of people screaming to be picked on by the performers. They pulled my dad on stage and asked why he was here, and he said to see me. They asked if I was funny. He said, "She's the funniest one I've seen all night." Good dad. Very good. :) They proceeded to sing a song about my dad and me. I missed the entire thing. Heard it was fun though...

I will say one thing about my parents visits, they always leave me with stuff. They bought me a new shower head, did the dishes and cooking all weekend, and my mother left me with tons more gift cards. I should say that her speech and debate team sells gift cards for a fund raiser. Walgreen's, Gap, Barnes & Noble and Starbucks are going to see me soon. One of them sees me a lot anyway...wonder which one?

No comments: