Friday, March 23, 2007

Welcome to Chicago...Again...

My parents got here today. I cleaned. And cleaned for them. It got to where late last night, I hated cleanliness. So, I left dirty dishes in the sink.


I figure my parents need to feel wanted so I'll let them do some dishes.

It occurred to me today that this is the fourth time my parents have come to visit me since I moved here 6 or so months ago. My mom has actually been here five times, once was for a school trip (she's a teacher). That is the same amount of trips they took to visit me while I lived in LA. I lived in LA for almost two years. Even my parents like it better here.

The last time my parents were here was Christmas. My mom made the comment this morning, "Her apartment looks exactly the same, except for the Christmas tree." My dad politely told her to turn the corner and look down to where my Christmas tree is still proudly displayed. One of these days I'm going to pack it up. And pack the stockings hanging on the wall too. And the wrapping paper lying on the floor. Maybe I'll pack it away when it comes time to pack my coat away. If the weather stays like this that will be soon. Yipee.

No comments: