Friday, March 16, 2007

Laundry Day Fools...

I'm doing laundry today. I actually just realized that I usually do laundry on Fridays. I have a habit! I was on the phone with my dad this morning and he is also doing laundry today. He made me a little sad:

Dad: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute...listen to this (dad holds the phone up to some unknown object, silence ensues) Can you hear that?
Me: No, what is it?
Dad: That's the sounds of a washing machine running in my own house that I don't have to pay to use.

That was mean. He was kidding of course. If you know me and know anything about my family, you know that we kid most of the time. All the time actually. We like to tease each other. Because we like each other. Speaking of, a week from today my parents will be visiting. I like it when they visit because we usually go shopping. And they pay. And of course I like their company as well.

I'm still pissed that I have to walk down two flights of stairs to a crappy washing machine that sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. When I first moved into my apartment I saw this sign on the laundry room door:


I've never told my dad about this sign because I don't want him to worry about me. Of course he probably does anyway. That's what dads are good for.

1 comment:

Louie said...

The zodiac killer was never caught...