Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The 13th Was My Unofficial V-Day...

I worked all freakin' day out in the snow. I handed out chocolate to people because I am a whore for money. More like, I am broke. Poor. All that. It wasn't so much cold as it was windy and snowy. My eyes were stinging. I gave some chocolate to a family and then took their picture for them. A few moments later the dad came back and told me to put my hand out. He put a small piece of chocolate in my hand that read "Kiss Me." He wanted to make an exchange. Then he told me I was pretty. Ego boost #1.

#2 came when a man asked me if I was handing out kisses. Since I was so brainwashed by Hershey's at this point, I said, "No, but this Cacao Reserve is better than a Kiss!" Thinking of Hershey's Kisses. Nope. He was thinking of real kisses. Once I became aware of this I politely declined.

#3 was when the Otis elevator repairman checked out my ass. I don't have much of a booty, so when it gets checked out I get excited. If only the cute, wealthy businessmen with good health benefits had been checked out my rear. I'm a sucker for a cushiony 401K. I joke. Sort of.

I finally got home around 8pm to find a gigantic box from my parents. My parents have always been my Valentine. I've only had one "real" Valentine and it was last year. Honestly, I remember nothing about it. I might be a jerk or it might have been uneventful. Who knows. Anyway, I couldn't wait until Wednesday to open my gift, so I didn't.


It's a basket filled with a Gingerbread Loaf pan and two Texas-themed cookbooks. I started to cry. I'm not sure why. I love to cook and bake by the way. I'm cheesy.

Apparently I have some perfume coming too, but my dad forgot to mail it.

1 comment:

Jason R. Chin said...

according to this blog, every time you get mail, you cry.