Monday, February 12, 2007

Grammy Day...

I had rehearsal for an improv show last night, which meant I would be missing the Grammy's. I decided to tape them so I wouldn't miss the most important event of the past decade: The Police. On Stage. Together. Again. I was too young when they were originally together to ever remember watching them as a child. Plus my dad had a thing against Sting until last year...so I'm pretty sure much of the Police's music was discovered later in my life anyway.

My friend James (also in my show and formerly of the best level 2 class iO has ever seen) came over and watched them with me. Before we started we had to do what all music lovers do when they get together for the first time:


Hold an iPod Party.

We watched all of the Grammy's and some of the Red Carpet. I love the Dixie Chicks, but they didn't deserve all the awards they received. Also, Carrie Underwood beat Corrine Bailey Rae for best new artist. Bull Shit. I demand a recount. And the worst part? Carrie didn't even cry when she gave her acceptance speech. She acted like she deserved it or something. For realz?

Quote of the day was made by me (is that narcissistic?). Yesterday morning, on my way to breakfast, I was excitedly telling my friend Adam about The Police performing together.

Adam: I had no idea you were such a big Police fan.
Me: I want The Police to gang-rape me.

I really have no desire to be gang-raped. It's a horrible, real event that no one should ever have to go through.

That being said...The Police rocked the house this evening. It was too short, yes...but if only I could get them in the same room as me...

Oh I'll stop.

2 comments:

Today, Tomorrow, The Next Day said...

Is that my hand?
Weird!

Unknown said...

sherman wants in on the next ipod party