Friday, February 09, 2007

Oh Friday...

I woke up this morning and couldn't breathe. I also woke up with a headache. You know those dreams you have that are so real you have to convince yourself they didn't really happen when you wake up? I also had one of those...and I wish it had really happened. Oh boo. I'm done complaining. I have the whole day off after all...top that. I'm also on my second episode of Living Single...top that. Last night I went to see Lily Allen with Alexandra and her friends who are visiting from New York. This is the only picture I have from the actual concert.


Lily had band geeks in polo shirts. I want my own band with band geeks in polo shirts. It always frustrates me to go to a music show, especially those of people who are younger than I, because I can't help but think that I could be doing that. Eventually the frustration turns to motivation and the world is happy again.

The show was great. She's adorable. I wish I could wear a pretty peasant dress and a shiny gold blingy gun around my neck and still look sweet. Maybe I could...

There was this one guy standing next to us who smelled like cheese. Smelly cheese. Gross. There also was this guy with an eye patch in front of us. I think he thought since he had a patch he could get away with pushing, butt rubbing, foot stepping on, and personal space invasion. Later in the evening his friend had the nerve to ask me to move because I was bouncing his butt with my bag. I don't start fights. I was this close. What's happened to me? Chicago, why are you making me violent?

On the way home, I took this picture. Alexandra was cold...if you look you can see her New York friend in the background taking a picture of Wrigley Field. A picture with someone taking a picture in it. How cute.


The best part of the evening was the fact that the venue is smoke free because of that 'ol Chicago clean air law of some sort. When they announced this the entire place erupted into....cheers. That's right. The crowd was happy about the clean air we were going to consume. That made me happy. I smiled. I hate smoking. I really do. I hate it because I have never forgiven my grandpa for dying on me as a baby. The other one died long before I was born so this one was my only hope. Unfortunately, he smoked too much and drank even more. Unless you are driving drunk, drinking doesn't normally harm the people around you. You light a cigarette and you have also harmed the guy standing next to you. My grandpa had emphysema. It eventually killed him. I've never had a grandpa for that reason. Damn ciggys stole my only chance. You're an idiot if you smoke. It's true. I will still love you though. One thing I should mention is I steal them. If I know you smoke, and you bring me anywhere near your cigarettes...I will snatch them when you are not looking and throw them away. I will. That costs you more money and makes me laugh when you get pissed because you can't find them.

Be warned.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Please don't steal my smokes.

Gary