Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I Hate To Admit It...

I still think that for some reason I don't need glasses and my eyes are going to magically get better. My eyesight isn't really that bad, but it has been really tough for me to admit that I can't see far away. I just can't. Especially at night.

Now is about the time I should make a formal apology to everyone in Chicago and especially at iO. I lost my glasses a few weeks ago and I really need them when I go to shows. Since I haven't had them lately I have basically been squinting my way through the theater trying to make out who is on the other side of the room. This can be a good thing sometimes. People who I don't want to say hi to I don't have to and when they give me hard time I can just simply say, "That was you! I lost my glasses...I can't really tell who's who from far away. Sorry!" Now...the one thing I have to remind myself is not to stare at someone for too long. Eventually if I stare hard enough I can figure out who is across the room from me...but by that point if the person catches me staring they find me creepy. I know it.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and got new glasses finally and yes, contacts once again. When I walked in the door to my building, my old glasses were sitting on the floor beneath the mailboxes.


I have no idea where they came from or how long they had been there. Or how I missed them sitting there for so long. Boo. Oh well. At least I can watch Amelie from the comfort of bed now and not while standing directly in front of the T.V. And I have two pair of glasses, so now if I lose one (which will happen) I won't be so squinty.

No comments: