Monday, February 26, 2007

Strobe Parties Are Back Ya'll...

Sooo...this weekend was a lot of fun. It started off better than I could ever have imagined.

For those of you who know about my neighbor "Melanie," you know the only word for her is: amazing. She runs around nude frequently, hosts a naked picture night, hosts naked dance parties in front of her computer (did somebody say webcam?) and her world famous strobe parties are an event not to be missed.

After Reader's Theater on Friday, I went straight home because I had to be at work at 5:30am the next morning. My neighbor above me was having a party so my rest was disturbed. Then I began to notice the flashing lights, the loud screams of joy and pain, and the extremely loud top 40 music. There was only one explanation. I looked through my window, across the courtyard, and there it was: the strobe party back in full glory. It had been since December when she had a holiday themed party complete with red and green strobes. This time she had also purchased a spinning disco light. I have no idea how many people she fits in her tiny apartment. My record is 8. Some might think that I would be upset by her strobe parties because they are loud and the lights bling right through my window, but I love them and I don't know why.

Tonight my friend Brian and I had our second Piano Bar night. It was even better this time because both of my songs were played. Both. I will not comment on the fact that I was chastised by the piano player for requesting Hold On by Wilson Phillips. Besides, he knew every word.


That picture is from our first night. I just wanted to give a visual. The staff at the bar had to dance for everyone for part of the evening. Brian and I then composed a list of jobs we would never want to work on a napkin. I lost the napkin. So this list is from memory:

1. Server at Howl at the Moon
2. Planned Parenthood
3. CTA worker
4. ?
5. The puppet guy on State St.

I can't remember #4. Damn it. And that was one I came up with. I know that napkin is around here somewhere. I'll find it and get back to you.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Holy crap. That is amazing about the strobe light party. I am still determined to find out her identity.